The Dowds in Bologna

The Dowds in Bologna

A time past in Arezzo

A time past in Arezzo

The 8 Gang

The 8 Gang

Family at San Cesario de Lecce

Family at San Cesario de Lecce

venerdì 27 maggio 2011

Siena

Of to Siena today for the weekend, so far we have travelled to Ravello, Ferrara, Arezzo. We have booked to go to Santa Margarita over the summer holidays and Milano Maritma, so the adventures continue.
I was told you just can't get a caffe latte in Italy, and they may well be right, l fortunetly began adjusting myself to macchiato well before coming over, now l proudly walk into one of my regular bars and Guissepi  knows straight away what l am having, it's a CHEERS moment. I have toyed with the idea of getting a coffee machine for those horribly cold days, but l now believe the point of a caffe here is to be there, to stand at the counter and order a brioche as well, it is the act of being rather than having.
For those who may remember, l have been sporting Hard Yakka for the last 4 years, well l do have a couple of shirts and pants over here, but purely for painting, l have began to chameleon myself with the look!!!
I went shopping a while ago, and found myself in a shop being fitted out by a modern day Mr Humphries, who did a terrific job on me, l never realized how important it was to accessorize and coordinate. The way that man tugged and pulled, flicked and flapped at me in my new cloths, reminded me later of Mr Humphries fitting a man with a suit that did not fit him, in my case it does!!! I left a happy person, and indeed walk with a new gait and an air of confidence, and have a new friend, who always waves and smiles as l walk by ( l know what you are all thinking) and like a car service l may drop in on the odd occasion to get a flick and pull me into line.
On the other side of the street, all tradesman are the same over the world, l visited a friend a few weeks ago, who was getting SKY connected, and was confronted with the sight of a trady bending over with a crack you could park your bike in.

mitchello

View over Siena

View over Siena 

Jayne in hotel room , Siena

Jayne in hotel room , Siena

Dark and mysterious lane, Siena

Dark and mysterious lane, Siena

1 commento:

  1. que bella fotografia! wow my head hurts - these Italian instructions are testing me! Mitchello - so lovely to hear the news and look forward to the next installment
    fi and family x

    RispondiElimina